The perfect chocolate chip cookie



Thanks to Garrick for sharing his recipe.

I used EB buttery sticks which are slightly different than the tub variety, so they were a tiny bit fluffier than his turned out. None of those cake-textured poseurs though. These were thin, soft, slightly chewy, and buttery. I had an inaccurate copy of the recipe that called for 1/3 c. applesauce, but they turned out just fine. And I added a couple handfuls of chopped walnuts (to Shane's disappointment).

Best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made, even compared to my pre-vegan days! They also got the thumbs up from our friends in Bad Reaction.

1 comment:

theONLYtania said...

Hmm well I used the buttery sticks too and my dough turned out crumbly so I had to add a little soymilk. Maybe the 1/3 cup applesauce typo fixed that for you?
I had never used the sticks before, I always use the tub so I thought that might be the cause of the crumbliness.